Saturday, July 18, 2015

Farewell Party


All good things must come to an end and this weekend was my last at the ecolodge. Had a great time and the training went very well. Everyone gained a lot of useful information about operations and management, including tourism marketing. The ecolodge wants to serve more tourists, but to do so, the staff needs a clear understanding of their attitudes and behavior to promote visitor satisfaction. Of course, one of the primary goals is to attract more Western tourists, hence my coming.


Yesterday the staff gave me a going away party. We talked and ate, talked and ate some more. It's Vietnamese style to have fruit at the end of a meal as the dessert. This time they had cake and fruit too! Nobody seemed to mind, including me. It's one of the few desserts I've had in Vietnam. All in all, it was a sweet memory - friends, food, and culture. I'll leave with this this beautiful song stuck in my head. Please listen to it more than once.  Hello (and Goodbye) Vietnam!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94y6svVU4so





5 comments:

  1. I know they really enjoyed having you come spend time with them. I was glad to "share" you with them, but I am even more glad you are on your way home. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen for your generosity. Hopefully, you will come to Vietnam with him soon, he will be the best tour guide for you then ! : )

      Delete
  2. Anonymous is from Karen (my wife) if you haven't guessed by now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All your students and everybody who have met and worked with you in Vietnam will miss you !

    ReplyDelete
  4. See you soon Uncle Mark ^^

    ReplyDelete