Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Humble Abode

 
I'm staying at Mai Chau Ecolodge, located on a winding and bumpy road nearly 3.5 hours from Hanoi. It's a very nice tourism facility about 1 year old. When they say eco-lodge, they really mean it. I found a frog hiding under my front door and a lizard in the bathroom! The room has two showers, one inside and one outside. Last night I ate some (cooked) grasshoppers with my meal. Tastes like carp, except crunchier! :) But had to drink some rice wine to wash'em down. Big gulp! 






   

5 comments:

  1. "a frog hiding under my front door and a lizard in the bathroom" - this is so funny ! : ). Hope you like the place, take care Mark !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mother nature at her finest - both inside and outside the lodge!

      Delete
    2. Beautiful, and such beautiful people.

      Delete
  2. A simple lifestyle brings great pleasure.

    ReplyDelete